Fly in Gorilla Habituation Safari
Duration: 3 Days / 2 Nights
Our 3 Day Fly in Gorilla Habituation Safari to Bwindi Impenetrable national park is meant for those that do not have many days in Uganda but want to spend more time with mountain gorillas. This gorilla habituation experience tour provides an opportunity for them to spend four hours with mountain gorillas all done in one day. Instead of driving 8-9 hours from Entebbe to Bwindi Impenetrable National park, the tour uses scheduled or charter flights to and from Bwindi. Internal flights to Bwindi take about one and half hours giving you time to relax at the lodge.
- Day one: Transfer to Entebbe Airport for your internal scheduled/charter flight to Kisoro Airstrip
- Day Two: Gorilla habituation experience in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park Rushaga
- Day Three: Transfer to Kisoro Airstrip for your return flight back to Entebbe Airport
- You’ll go to Uganda
- This tour starts and ends in Entebbe (Uganda)
- You’ll visit Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Activities: gorilla habituation experience
- Getting around: open-sided 4×4 vehicle & pop-up roof 4×4 vehicle
- A transfer from and back to the airport (or hotel) is included
- Additional accommodation before the tour departs and on the last day can be arranged for extra cost
Things to Consider
- Accommodation is Inclusive
- Small Group Safari: Max 12 People per group
- Tour Can Depart any day
- Tour can be customized
- Solo travelers can join this tour
- Age Limit: 15 years and above
Places To Visit
Kampala, Uganda, Rwanda, Kigali, Murchison Falls National Park, Kibale Forest National Park, Semuliki National Park, Queen Elizabeth National Park, Bwindi National Park, Lake Bunyonyi, Volcanoes National Park and Nyungwe Forest National Park.
Flexible and customizable for private departures.
When to Go
This safari circuit is best visited during the east African dry season, which spans roughly from June – October and January – February annually. In recent years, the dry seasons have been increasing in length due to the effects of climate change, so there is some flexibility with these months if necessary. During this period, guests will experience the best game viewing in the spare and dry bush. Furthermore, the climb through Bwindi Impenetrable Forest will be the most pleasant – and dry – during this time. While this is the high season for tourism, the parks visited are generally quiet year round and crowds will not be a major concern.
If however you have chosen this package in order to experience lush landscapes and rich birdlife – and do not mind sporadic daily rain showers – you may be happier during the rainy season.
- You’ll be picked up from the airport (or hotel)
- Accommodation before the tour departs can be arranged for extra cost
DAY 1: Pick up from Airport
Start your 3 day Fly in Gorilla Habituation Safari by transferring to Entebbe International Airport for your one hour internal scheduled or charter flight to Kisoro Airstrip. At Kisoro Airstrip, you will be transferred by road to Chameleon Hill Lodge, Mutanda Lake Resort for overnight.
Meal Plan: Lunch and Dinner
Overnight Lodge: Chameleon Hill Lodge, Mutanda Lake Resort
DAY 2: Gorilla habituation experience in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
You will wake up early in the morning and head to the park headquarters to join other clients for briefing about dos and don’ts while with mountain gorillas on your habituation experience. After briefing, you will start your trek into the forest guided by researchers and guides. During your trek, you may encounter several birds, other animals and primates in the forest and once you have found the gorillas you will spend four hours with them and return back to the Lodge for overnight.
You will have an opportunity to listen and observer researchers doing their work of habituating gorillas and if possible you will be called upon to participate by collecting samples, naming of group members, making calls and so much more.
DAY 3: Departure
Transfer to Kisoro Airport by road for your morning scheduled/charter flight to Entebbe Airport for either a post tour night in Entebbe town or connect with your international departure flight marking the end of your 3 dayFly in Gorilla Habituation Safari to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
NB: This is a private African safari and can be booked by an individual or a group of people. Please contact our Safari consultants for a quote